Human Resources Lead (Manager)
- TAMPA, FL
About Our Client:
We are an industry-leading commercial construction company (and affiliate), searching for an inspirational and driven Human Resources Leader (Manager) to join our rapidly-expanding team and help evolve our people function.
We take pride in decades of growth and tremendous dedication to excellence in quality, reliability and detail (from design to construction to servicing) and are well known in the construction industry. Through a solid foundation, we focus on customer-service and relationships and have created a very targeted portfolio that ensures unparalleled solutions, support and expertise using cost-effective-solutions that strive to keep our clients on time, under budget and super-happy!
You will join other talented team members who are all contributing to one shared purpose of bringing integrity and genuine care to all that we do and we achieve this by never losing sight of the needs of our people.
Reporting to the President/CEO, you will contribute tremendously to our success by leading the daily management and administration of all Human Resource activities.
Applying a blend of tactical and evolutionary approaches, you will provide support to both office and field/operational teams.
You will be our “people partner” and subject-matter expert providing direction, guidance and coaching to all team members.
It’s simple really…. we look, feel and behave like a family and that is the key ingredient in our success.Oh, and we also share…
- An opportunity to lead and evolve the entire people infrastructure, nurture culture and engagement and help us continue to thrive (and you along with us).
- An opportunity to learn, touch, contribute to and positively impact ALL aspects of our business.
- An ability to influence and directly partner with the “top personal and decision makers”; with no layers of internal “red tape”; swift and agile decision-making.
- A strong, healthy and leading brand presence in a VERY niche market which positions us for continued success.
- Competitive base salary and lucrative benefits!
Keys To Your Success
- Being self-initiated, self-inspired and have the ability to inspire others
- Comfort and ease in managing conflicting and critical daily priorities
- Effectiveness in balancing the past with the needs of our future
- Navigating our organization through change and innovation; Patience, tolerance and understanding of our world will take you far!
- Connecting with ALL of our team members, from all walks of life
- Successfully leading and executing diverse projects and project teams
- Influencing by gaining critical buy-in and engagement of key stakeholders
- Business-partner mindset with strong focus on collaboration
- Confident and assertive while also applying a sense of “humbleness” through listening and learning
What You Will Be Doing: (including but not limited to)
- Providing information and assisting all team members with obtaining information and support involvinga variety of human resources programs and services; Coaching, guiding and influencing employees as well as peers and other leaders;
- Developing and maintaining organizational charts;
- Maintaining team member and applicant tracking records in compliance with applicable legal requirements, establishing common record-keeping and administrative processes across locations; processing team member action forms and ensuring proper approvals; Leading HRMS exploration, decision-making and implementation process, ongoing data entry, maintenance and reporting;
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and administration of company policies and programs ensuring the compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; Developing, updating and maintaining Team Member Handbook;
- Developing a proficient knowledge of employment laws and human resources administration and remaining knowledgeable of developments in human resource management.
- Processing internal payroll activities and liaison to external Payroll partner (Paycom); Support and backups for Accounting, Job Costing & Project Management Software (ComputerEase) and maintaining appropriate databases including headcount tracking and reporting;
- Developing and maintaining affirmative action program and reporting including but not limited to: EEO-1/VETS-100 report annually; maintaining all records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
Engagement and Culture-Building:
- Generating, leading and supporting ongoing culture-building and engagement activities company-wide including diversity and inclusion;
- Engaging in ongoing company-wide communications with leaders and team members to establish rapport and ensure team member engagement, including required language translations.
Team Member Relations:
- Resolving Team Member issues and conflict and facilitating performance management/improvement;
- Facilitating termination process with applicable leader.
- Administering health, life and disability insurance program including data entry and changes, communications, changes, enrolments, etc.; reviewing for accuracy and primary liaison for service providers; advising leaders on the formulation and administration of benefits plans and policies and sourcing benefits in partnership with third-party administrators; ensuring compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other required paperwork.
- Leading and administering Compensation program including salary structures, policies, competitive/comparative market research and incentive plan design, implementation and management.
Health, Safety & Wellness:
- Progressively oversee, direct and lead Health, Safety & Wellness program development and activities company-wide including training, reporting, compliance, certifications, meetings, documentation, etc.
- Administering Disability Management including FMLA and other leaves in accordance with federal regulations and company policy..Monitoring activities and escalating the President/CEO of complex cases involving the ADA and Worker’s Compensation.
- Successfully recruiting for and filling open positions; facilitating screening, interviewing, and making hiring recommendations that best suit the needs of the company in partnership with internal hiring leaders and external search partners
- Ensuring an impactful candidate experience and ensuring completion of all pre-employment and new-hire onboarding activities: e.g., background checks, pre-employment drug testing, and preparing offer letter for President/CEO approval in compliance with appropriate statutory authorities.Coordinating and facilitating new hire orientation and training;
- Collaborating on projects designed to optimize organizational and individual performance.Facilitating activities related to team member learning and development, retention strategies, succession planning, and career development.
- Managing performance review process and coaching leaders on effective performance management, including Performance Improvement Plans.
What you bring:
- Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field REQUIRED;
- Strong HR experience with diverse, hourly populations and environments (construction, manufacturing, etc.) REQUIRED;
- SHRM certification (PHR/SPHR) PREFERRED;
- Previous experience evolving/building and HR function PREFERRED;
- Strong foundation in Team Member Relations with broad exposure and knowledge of the following areas: Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness (OHSA, Worker’s Compensation), Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Performance Management, Employment Law (ie. EEO/AAP and ADA/FMLA), Learning and Development, Team Member Communications;
- Hands-on experience administering and leading Payroll and Benefits;
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation); adept at making well-reasoned decisions that advance business objectives; ability to multitask;
- Basic comprehension of Spanish (written and spoken); Fluency PREFERRED;
- Business partner mindset and ability to effectively coach and influence others;
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment with shifting priorities;
- Confident, inspirational team collaborator with exceptional “customer-centric” orientation who can effectively partner with internal customers to address a variety of human resources issues;
- Positive, results-driven and solutions-focused approach characterized by creativity and innovation;
- Flexible, agile and able to navigate and lead through ambiguity and change;
- Ability to effectively manage external relationships and be a strong brand ambassador;
- Tech-savvy; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, HR Management Systems, Payroll (Paycom preferred), ATS (Applicant Tracking System), Social Media, Job Boards, Accounting & Project Management (ComputerEase preferred). etc.
If you’re interested in putting your footprint on our clients' exciting world and having a very visible and tangible impact on their people (while enjoying a rewarding and fulfilling career journey ahead), connect with us soon!
Wednesday, October 9, 2019