Head of Finance
Hunter + Esquire
- Oakland, CA
Our client, a science company that’s creating the most effective and reliable active ingredients for infused Cannabis product producers, has retained our search services to select their first Head of Finance hire. The Head of Finance will report to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be an Operations-oriented Financial leader who will be excited to roll up their sleeves and operate in an extremely hands-on manner. The Finance Leader will be responsible for all accounting and functions, including all monthly & quarterly reporting, bookkeeping, expense categorization, accounting procedures & controls and putting all process and procedure in place to ensure the business operates in a very well-organized manner.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting around month end close.
- Ensure all financial statements are in compliance with GAAP.
- Support any federal, state, local, or internal audits of company policies, procedures or transactions.
- Act as liaison for all federal, state, local, or internal reviews of Company financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain adequate knowledge and systems maintenance. Ensure proper use of production system at the processing facility by all users.
- Ensure adequate control environment. Implement new processes where necessary to ensure proper controls (Sox compliance).
- Responsible for on-time completion of monthly closing, monthly financial reporting and inventory reconciliations.
- Help with financial modeling and forecasting.
- Create and manage company budget.
- Build out the Finance organization when the time is right.
- Able to perform a nominal amount of travel.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant business field.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree is desired, but not required.
- CPA desired, but not required.
- 280e experience desired, but not required.
- Hands-on and adaptable. Flexible with their level of influence on the tools used and processes created.
- Able to lead and pushback, and to thrive in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of experience in business management and/or operations
- Experience partnering and working directly with a senior executive team.
- Analytical personality with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accounting & analytical experience providing actionable information to senior management.
- Experience at a publicly-traded (Research and Production environment preferred) company and SOX compliance is desired, but not required.
- Advanced Excel skills including familiarity and proven experience in the areas of advanced formulas and PivotTables.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP & IFRS preferred
Compensation: base salary + bonus + equity
Thursday, July 11, 2019