Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Hunter + Esquire
- Boulder, CO
Our client is on the cutting-edge of the fast-paced, high-growth industrial hemp industry. They are pioneering the industry of hemp flower processing and producing a variety of CBD concentrates & ingredients. They set the standards that control the entire compliant CBD market. Their proprietary process yields the most scientifically advanced CBD ingredients available to meet a considerable amount of global demand. Their industrial-scale labs are trusted by global partners who appreciate the importance of compliance, consistency and quality. The global demand for safe & effective CBD products is exploding and our client is the perhaps the most trusted producer in the world to many of the biggest mainstream supplier and retailer names around. They have quietly positioned themselves as one of the fastest growing companies in the world, leading the way with CBD production.
Our client is looking for a technical Marketing Leader and visionary to oversee strategic planning and execution of all marketing programs and branding efforts. The CMO will have the opportunity to strategize, plan, develop, lead and execute the global marketing, advertising and brand strategy for the organization. Working closely with other senior leaders, the CMO will also build the Company’s customer data analytics and customer engagement communication strategy. In addition, the CMO will oversee the creation and protection of company’s marketing assets, lead marketing-related company-wide change initiatives, shape the company’s public image and profile, manage complexity in the fast pace of digital marketing and advertising and build new marketing capabilities throughout the Company.
- Build and structure marketing department.
- Create innovative and scalable marketing strategies and structure implementation plans that build the brand, drive increased awareness, and result in increased revenues and participation in programs and services.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for corporate branding strategies.
- Develop and implement corporate and product brand strategies that support the Company’s vision and mission.
- Develop and implement (a) an employment brand strategy aligned with the overall corporate brand strategy, and (b) an internal communication strategy to support the Company values and help engrain them as an integral part of the Company’s culture.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in marketing systems and resources (i.e. staffing, sourcing, and purchasing).
- Assess and communicate risks associated with marketing investments.
- Manage vendors in the marketing space (i.e. events, assets, media, etc.).
- Ensure marketing strategies & communications adheres to applicable laws and government regulations.
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the company to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Lead marketing teams in creating aggressive awareness, revenue, and growth targets and meeting annual goals effectively.
- Lead marketing team in implementing traditional marketing (PR, communications, print, local media and events) and digital marketing campaigns across a broad spectrum of marketing channels, in alignment with unique program, services, and special event types. Manage all consultants in these areas.
- Oversee digital content, engagement & social media strategies. Lead a team with experience in related technical skills & excitement for: paid social media advertising, search engine marketing, email marketing, text message marketing, e-commerce strategies, influencers, reputation management.
- Assess and develop new potential channel partnerships.
- Implement ability to track real-time ROI to remain agile and to make timely adjustments by tactic or market.
- Develop and protect product trademarks.
- Attend and speak at industry events to increase Company brand recognition.
- Establish goals and create strategy for meeting marketing deliverables and metrics.
- Attend and speak at industry events to evangelize the MHL brand.
- Be an effective leader and ensure all marketing programs are successful and goal oriented.
- Work closely with fellow management team members to ensure the implementation of marketing strategies company-wide.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in marketing, communications, or relevant discipline; MBA preferred.
- 10+ plus years marketing experience with the majority in the CGP/ Beverage industry, Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) preferred.
- Successful track record of establishing and leading marketing strategy in a dynamic CPG or Beverage environment.
- Deep marketing and digital experience including serving as a key driver in creating strategy.
- Demonstrated experience as a CMO is preferred, though high-potential Marketing leaders without CMO experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience working as a collaborative member of a senior leadership team, as well as a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment where systems and processes are continuously evolving.
- Experience working cross-functionally to ensure marketing programs are in-line with company objectives.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, coach, and retain top talent, while building lasting relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, vendors.
- Proven success in customer acquisition using creative, data-driven tactics.
- Metrics’ driven and have the ability to draw insight from complex marketing data.
- Strong understanding of audience targeting, media optimization, SEO, analytics, and content marketing.
- Customer-centric and can identify and meet customer needs.
- Creative, innovative and works well under pressure, can handle and delegate workload effectively.
- Ability to lead by example and inspire confidence.
- Demonstrate ability to build a funnel for lead generation and opportunity conversation; map out and educate on his/her process (will need to demonstrate this during the interview process).
- Will need to perform a simple marketing analysis during the interview process.
Saturday, July 27, 2019