Director IT Infrastructure
- Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a Director of Infrastructure to lead its Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will have experience with being a Director at this level and have a strong Network Engineering background including certifications. Strong communication and leadership skills are needed for this role.
- Oversee the streamlined operation of the Information Technology (IT) department and ensure operations align with the business objectives of the organization
- Develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization
- Plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies
- Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users
- Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements, and makes the appropriate award
- Authorize and oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of all hardware and software based on department needs
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years clerical experience in a general office environment require, to include a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a leadership role
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development.
- Strong background in Network Engineering including CCNA or CCNP
- Strong Background in Systems Engineering. MCSA a plus
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Tuesday, March 12, 2019