Director Media Sales
- Chicago, IL
The Director of Sales for Media & Entertainment will drive new business and maximize renewal revenue streams in an effort to meet and or exceed divisional goals. The incumbent will partner with all necessary organizational departments to service, activate, and deliver on all strategic objectives across company. The incumbent will partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives while effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations. The incumbent will develop key growth sales strategies, tactics, action plans, direct short-term sales plans, and customer appreciation programs to support sales and will further the business objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment.
- Develops and implements overall strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals and objectives
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets annual and quarterly performance goals
- Develops, maintains, and enhances a positive and effective image of the company through building relationships with customers, vendors, and industry partners
- Maintains an active interface with peer professionals, industry professionals and groups involved in programming and planning events
- Represents the company at local, regional and national trade association meeting
- Participates on industry association committees and panels
- Assists sales staff with maintaining relationships and negotiating contracts by meeting with key clients and closely supporting sales staff
- In concert with Leadership, establishes a comprehensive marketing plan that includes printed collateral materials, on-line tools, customer newsletters, special events, advertising and other promotional programs
- Develops and recommends product and service positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy, to produce the best overall results for the client and company
- Develop Corporate Partnerships by creating sponsorship proposals based on potential sponsors’ marketing needs and the events hosted in the company venue
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and invoices for the Sales component; analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements as outlined by the Senior VP and Managing Director
- Ensures effective control of sales results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives fall within designated budgets
- Recruits, interviews, selects, evaluates, rewards, coaches and counsels sales personnel
- Analyzes venue sales data to formulate sales goals and policies for the company.
- Develops sales strategies and annual activity plans; sets priorities; formulates budget requests; and monitors expenditures
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of the media industry, destination marketing and venue sales
- Expertise in the development of sales plans including the identification of target markets, customer segmentation and customer outreach
- Broad knowledge and experience in event marketing, media, promotions, etc.
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to manage calendar of events to ensure maximum space utilization
- Demonstrated interpersonal, networking, negotiating, and closing skills
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures for sales, marketing and public relations
- Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Superior analytical, research and attention to detail in order to produce a broad range of reports and plans
CORE COMPETENCIES (Director)
- Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
- Human Capital
- Strategic Thinking
- Operational Effectiveness
- Financial Awareness
- External Strategic Awareness
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- This job operates in a professional office setting. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines to perform day to day duties and activities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Ten (10) or more years of related experience in sales and marketing preferably media/entertainment sales experience;
- Three (3) or more years in a management position
Monday, July 8, 2019