Cash Applications Specialist
- Suwanee, GA
Hunter Gibbons has a contract position for a Cash Application Specialist in Gwinnett. The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for cash application activities. This position is a critical and integrated member of the Corporate Accounting team and a successful candidate will have previous related accounting experience and the ability to function effectively in a fast paced, high transaction processing environment. The position requires an individual who is ambitious, self-directed, and capable of working autonomously and with the broader leadership team to achieve the business and financial goals of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply technical knowledge and judgment to ensure that all billing activities that impact the AR Aging are settled accurately and reconciling items are resolved timely.
- Process cash receipt application for client invoice payments and other miscellaneous receipts. Ensure that cash receipts are applied to outstanding AR invoices timely and accurately.
- Research and resolve any cash application discrepancies to ensure that the AR Aging is accurately reported on a monthly basis.
- Demonstrate understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties requirements to drive implementation of best practices in adherence to Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ensure that best practices and banking technology are fully leveraged to ensure that best in class cash management functions are utilized.
- Prepare and maintain Procedures for specific job duties.
- Liaison with IT and other departments on various projects, initiatives and process improvements impacting the Corporate Accounting function, as needed and assigned.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Technical accounting knowledge and ability to incorporate that knowledge and synthesize information into actionable recommendations and analyses.
- Adaptable in using organizational skills to prioritize tasks and take ownership of work; comfort and ability to deliver results in a flexible, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to anticipate busy schedules and communicate with other members of the organization/department to complete assignments on time.
- Ability to effectively pace work to adhere to financial close deadlines and key deliverables.
- Demonstrate integrity in work product and commitment to accuracy.
- High sense of urgency.
- Adhere to key financial controls in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley requirements and corporate policy.
- Strong ability to work as a team member.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Outlook and Excel, including a working knowledge of complex Excel actions (e.g. pivot tables, v-lookups).
- Ability to master financial systems and reporting tools (Great Plains preferred).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate and model company values with internal and external customers.
- Proactively communicate with team and cross-functional counterparts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years cash application experience preferred
Tuesday, August 13, 2019