- Washington, District of Columbia
Our Client is seeking a SQL Developer to add to the team. The ideal candidate is not just the cookie cutter type but someone who can think creatively, has strong analytical skills, and can present to large groups. Moreover, BS Degree is required with technical concentration and preferably from a top tier school. Client has great working environment with challenging projects and innovative technology.
SQL Developer – Washington, DC
- Design, develop, and execute ETL packages to convert client data using stored procedures, functions, and SQL scripts in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Perform data analysis to identify data patterns and anomalies.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of conversion logic.
- Create and update conversion logic to resolve client issues in test and production environments.
- Engage in query performance tuning.
- Develop and modify stored procedures and T-SQL scripts in response to validation exceptions.
- Design, implement, and maintain new and existing database objects including tables, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, and user-defined functions in support of data conversion projects.
- Perform SQL Server administration activities (backup, restore, DBCC commands, indexing, shrink).
- Stay current with Microsoft SQL Server technologies and current database concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS)
- 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to work well within deadline-oriented development structure.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong technical abilities and desire to learn new things.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skill, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Technical knowledge requirements:
- Proficiently use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2008 R2 and 2012
- Write and maintain stored procedures and functions using T-SQL and SSMS
- Use aggregate functions in Microsoft SQL Server
- Create and maintain complex queries in Microsoft SQL Server using T-SQL
- Understand and use database schemas, tables, relationships, and constraints
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot conversion packages using SQL Server Business Intelligence Design Studio
- Ability to write reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus
- Development experience with the .NET Framework is a plus
- Application development experience is a plus
Monday, March 4, 2019
$80,000 - $90,000