- Hartford, CT
Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant (Tax) This position will Prepare, file and pay state and local taxes for the company and assist with internal and external tax audits.
- Maintain detailed reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements to present to senior leadership
- Complete monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns
- Investigates and responds to inquiries from local jurisdictional tax authorities.
- Participates in tax audits.
- Analyze budgeted financial performance and document variances
- On an annual basis, prepare information for tax returns
- Perform ad hoc analyses and other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years of experience in Tax Accounting
- Proficient in Excel
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize them, and meet deadlines
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, self-starter environment.
Wednesday, January 15, 2020