- Washington, DC
The MicroStrategy Architect is responsible for architecting MicroStrategy platform-based Business Intelligence projects. The Architect must have a deep expertise in the architecture, design, development, and deployment of scalable, reliable, redundant business intelligence systems using MicroStrategy BI tools and large-scale data warehouses commercial database platforms like Oracle, SQLServer, and Teradata.
- Conduct workshops with business and IT to establish architectural requirements of the MicroStrategy based BI solution to be implemented or enhanced
- Interview stakeholders and develop enterprise BI roadmap including project prioritization and budget requirements.
- Conduct assessment of existing BI architectures and provide future-state recommendations
- Develop business cases and ROI for client to get buy-in from senior management
- Define and establish standards and architecture for enabling high-performance MicroStrategy BI solutions
- Establish best practices and standards for implementing MicroStrategy platform based high-performance BI solutions
- Work to understand requirements, conduct analysis and communicate solution options
- Design database logical and physical models and ETL source to target mappings.
- Design MicroStrategy architecture and construct reporting solutions including standard reports, documents, dashboards, visualizations, etc.
- Create/enhance project plans along with milestones, and deliverables to deliver the BI solutions
- Identify problems, develop ideas, and propose solutions within different situations requiring analytical, evaluative, or constructive thinking in daily work and for assigned programs and projects
- Develop test plans. Perform testing, validation, performance tuning and quality assurance activities for business intelligence projects.
- Prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues and upper management
- Design and prototype business intelligence solutions, assess gaps, and articulate the intended solutions back to the business users to ensure buy-in. Produce high-quality reports and documentation
- Effectively articulate and present deliverables to business and IT personnel
- Proven expertise and experience in developing MicroStrategy platform-based architectures to deliver high performing BI solutions
- Strong MicroStrategy experience in semantic layer architecting, development, document and dashboard design and development, visualization development, and system administration
- Hands-on installation, configuration, maintenance, and development experience in MicroStrategy
- Knowledge of advanced data modeling techniques and ETL processes
- Experience with PL/SQL and one or more commercial relational databases (SQL Server is a plus)
- Strong MicroStrategy Development skills
- Very strong MicroStrategy and database implementation expertise including reports, dashboards, mobile and predictive models
- Strong conceptual knowledge and experience in metadata creation, reporting, integration planning, testing, and implementation
- Experience delivering multiple projects
- 6+ years of experience in BI Design and Development, specifically in architecting MicroStrategy-based business intelligence solutions
- MicroStrategy Certifications
- Must have the ability to multi-task and organize effectively to meet client service level expectations
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and develop solutions to problems independently and through facilitated team discussions
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Prioritizes workload, meets deadlines, and manages competing priorities under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another technical discipline
Monday, March 4, 2019