Lead Internal Auditor
- Washington, DC
Hunter Gibbons is seeking a Lead Internal Auditor to join our client's team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, with goals relating to the success of their careers as well as our client’s company.
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Senior Internal Auditor role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy.
- Assist with coordinating and administering assignments, monitoring audit team progress and managing budgets and schedules.
- Serve as day-to-day project leader for audits ensuring projects are completed on-time and within scope and budget.
- Identify risks and assess potential impact of risks on the organization; use a risk-based approach to develop and adjust audit plans as appropriate and determine areas requiring additional analysis.
- Review and finalize staff work papers and deliverables with Internal Audit Manager/Director.
- Review and finalize audit reports with Internal Audit Manager/Director.
- Track results of prior audits and facilitate appropriate corrective action.
- Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide day-to-day project management oversight of Internal Auditors and Senior Internal Auditors (including project guidance and informal coaching).
- Conduct first level review of Internal Auditor and Senior Internal Auditor work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed.
- Communicate project team and audit objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
- Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- BA or BS degree in accounting, finance, business, or other related discipline required.
- Professional certification (e.g. CIA, CPA) required.
- Five or more years of public accounting, internal audit, risk management or other related business experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the multifamily mortgage market is a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; effective in planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate across business lines, with all levels of management.
- Strong attention to detail.
Friday, February 8, 2019
$96,000 - $125,000.00