- Culpepper , Virginia
Our client is seeking a talented Systems Engineer. This position oversees the design, development, deployment and architecture of the systems and storage infrastructure at the company. The role focuses on analysis, design, documentation, and deployment of virtualization technologies such as VMWare and their supporting systems, storage, and network hardware.
- Primarily responsible for the management of virtualization platform, which currently utilizes VMWare. Responsibilities related to managing this platform are: creation and configuration of hypervisors and virtual machines as well as configuring and maintaining the storage, systems, and networking components that underpin the systems
- Maintain and manage several VMWare clusters with oversight of current and future capacity planning needs.
- Analyze user and application requirements to determine operating system, storage, memory, and CPU needs for both physical and virtual servers
- Act as an engineering level escalation resource to the Network Operations Center (NOC) and other operations groups to assist with high level fault analysis and isolation
- Assist and contribute to the analysis, configuration, and deployment of high availability systems and storage architecture
- Participate in a structured change management process
- Promote and exercise complete and common sense security technologies and practices
- Occasional night and weekend hours are required in order to implement changes during designated downtime windows
- Work closely with other team members on new technology and systems solutions
- Documentation of systems and application design and configuration
- Providing professional support to customers, both internal and external
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology area
- Minimum 2 years’ experience required as a Systems Administrator with an emphasis on Virtualization, certifications a plus.
- 5+ years VMware experience
- Systems Administration experience with either Windows or Linux required.
- General knowledge of networking protocols required.
- Experience with VMWare or competing virtualization technology required.
- Knowledge of storage system fundamentals (file systems, RAID levels, volume management, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with various block level technologies such as FC, iSCSI and EMC a plus.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and spoken required.
- Cisco UCS or V-Block experience a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with a diverse team.
Thursday, August 15, 2019