Lead Application Software Developer
- Atlanta, GA
Our client is seeking a Lead Developer to lead its development team. The focus of this role will be on designing, building, extending and maintaining our Systems of Engagement and critical back-end integration with our systems of record. This position requires a developer who has deep knowledge of building full stack solutions utilizing current web technologies such as Angular, React, Node or equivalent technologies, has an in-depth understanding of the best practices in digital solutions and a desire to remain current on emerging digital technologies.
What's in it for you?
- Experience working with a tight-knit high power team in a fast-paced, fun environment utilizing the latest web technologies
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholder’s engagement.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and willingness to understand and improve existing processes and systems.
- Further develop your application development skills in today's technologies
- Appreciation and opportunity to learn and support rapid software construction and deployment using DevOps and Cloud based future technologies
- Enable and influence the timely and successful delivery of business data capabilities and/or technology objectives
- Act as a technical leader and mentor colleagues with less experience
- Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities
- Enhance your entrepreneurial mindset – network opportunity and influencing outcomes
- Supporting environment that fosters can-do attitude and opportunity for growth and advancement based on consistent demonstrative performance
Responsibilities May Include:
- Kick off new projects and work closely with Architects to drive solution end to end.
- Develop front end applications utilizing HTML5/AngularJS/CSS
- Develop new REST and/or JSON based APIs that are secure, versioned and can efficiently handle high throughput.
- Help setup Dev ops practices and CI pipeline for new projects and actively monitor all the quality reports.
- Developing code in a Continuous Integration model.
- Working with technology peers and business partners to define, build and deliver business value through digital technology solutions
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of high technical complexity.
- Works with client management to identify and specify extremely complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems design.
- Formulates logical statements of business problems and devises, tests and implements efficient, cost effective application program solutions (e.g., codes and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- May have supervisory responsibility in instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of the resources within their section/department.
- Contribute in solution and functional architecture design and Security modeling
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent practitioner with the ability to deliver on work of highest technical complexity
- Consults with functional management in the analysis of short and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the future impact of changing business needs.
- Works closely with client management to identify and specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Provides highly technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives.
- May coordinates activities with IT unit heads (e.g., database, operations, telecommunications, technical support, etc.).
- May direct a section staff responsible for all phases of the system development and implementation process
- Primary technical point of contact for interaction with other units and teams.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and DevOps
- Experience with web service design and utilization including REST and JSON
- Experience securing web applications and API’s.
- Knowledge of role of ESB layer in web application.
- Good communication skills and should be able to drive business discussion and derive solutions
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in either Subversion or Git repository
- Experience with at least one code quality tools in Java
- Experience with state-of-the-art application development support software packages, proficiency in at least two higher level programming languages, some management capabilities, strong judgment and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- At least six, typically eight or more years’ experience in IT systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the system development life cycle, the client area's functions and systems, and application program development alternatives.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
Thursday, February 7, 2019