Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Duluth, GA
Hunter Gibbons is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our client's team in Duluth, GA. We are looking for an aggressive Accounts Receivable Specialist to contact and build relationships with our customers in order to collect outstanding receivables and apply cash collections to outstanding receivables. The AR Specialist should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness at all times, and possesses excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
Responsibilities are included but not limited to the following:
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding balances.
- Investigate historical data for each outstanding invoice.
- Evaluate financial strength of existing and new customers.
- Run credit reports on new and existing customers.
- Deal with collection agencies for the past due receivables.
- Proactively contact customers for outstanding collections.
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments.
- Process AR payments (cash, checks, and credit card) on a daily basis.
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues.
- Update account status records and collection efforts.
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as an Accounts Receivable Specialist or similar role.
- Problem solver.
- 5+ years’ experience and ability to work independently.
- General Ledger experience.
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques.
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection
- Proficient in working with MS Office
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Monday, August 5, 2019