Systems Integration Engineer
- Washington, DC
The Systems Integration Engineer specialize in developing scalable methods for building, deploying, and supporting our cloud-based enterprise services and systems. This is a highly collaborative role in which you will work closely with their CTO and Software Developers to deploy and operate their solutions; automate and streamline their processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitor IT operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in there dev, test and production environments. You will interact, develop, engineer, and communicate at the highest technical levels of organizational decision-making.
- Design, deploy, maintain, and administer cloud infrastructure to power company stack
- Optimize stack for performance and fault tolerance
- Design and implement security policies and procedures
- Build logging, monitoring, and alerting systems to identify bottlenecks and assist with debugging, analysis, and optimization
- Design systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepare detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded.
- Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Develop scripts, programs, database management systems, and network models to optimize data processing processes and support new clients and or services.
- Handle ad-hoc reports, requiring core code changes to the production code, to support new products and or services.
- Experiment with and recommend new technologies that simplify or improve Spotfront's stack
- Participate in an off-hours on-call rotation, and perform periodic off-hours work during maintenance windows
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of professional experience
- minimum of 2 years of extensive hands on experience with MySQL, Perl, and shell scripting in a UNIX or Linux environment (Oracle experience a plus.)
- minimum of 1-year extensive hands on experience working in the Linux shell environment including but not limited to system administration, user management, network protocols, Linux services, and UNIX programming.
- Technical aptitude and displayed ability to grasp a general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with knowledge/ hands-on experience in these areas:
- Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle, MS, etc.)
- Scripting (e.g. sh, ksh, perl).
- SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience with Cloud technologies.
- Expertise with multi-dimensional databases with the ability to create calculated metrics and KPIs.
- Experience with business reporting and analytical processes utilizing large datasets
Thursday, May 23, 2019
$70,000 - $80,000