Business Intelligence Analyst
- Dublin, GA
Hunter Gibbons is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our client's team in a highly collaborative, high energy environment. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, with goals relating to the success of their careers as well as our client’s company. This candidate will work closely with our client’s Sr. Developer and SQL Developer to ensure system consistency. They will also collaborate with other departments to provide technical support and identify new requirements for these areas.
- Help guide and improve how the businesses’ management staff collaborate within, and between departments related to information management, reporting, and analysis.
- Provide, collect, extract, analyze, and report data from the company’s internal data warehouse, ancillary databases, and various external data sources.
- Apply skills to support ad hoc production reporting needs, lead the development and enhancement of dashboard reporting environments.
- Lead role in identifying enterprise requirements and strategic direction for query, analysis, and reporting tools.
- Recommend system improvements by staying current with data and reporting best practices.
- Work to standardize data definitions by developing an enterprise level data dictionary.
- Participate in the development of data warehouse, data stores, and other supplemental reporting enhancements, including the creation of new reporting templates and analytical reports.
- Ensure the timely and accurate generation of all internal/external reporting.
- Promote consistency and standardization among the various types of reports and databases and manage utilized reporting tools.
- Collaborate with department heads to identify, document, and support business needs and provide solutions.
- Develop business intelligence capabilities by pulling together and analyzing data from a variety of sources.
- Perform data analysis and report development using business intelligence data modeling and visualization tools.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Business
- 5 years’ experience in a BI or similar role.
- Strong SQL skills, experience
- Proficient in the use of query and reporting analysis tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Reporting Services).
- Proficient in the use of MicroStrategy
Tuesday, February 25, 2020