- Richmond, VA
Hunter Gibbons has an exciting opportunity to join our client’s team as a Firewall Engineer. Excellent Salary + Benefits!
This Firewall Engineer maintains enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. Responsible for the delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions. Ensures security solutions involving the use of technologies are well-conceived, designed and implemented in compliance with enterprise standards.
- Provide first level engineering design functions and trouble resolution
- Provide trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems
- Lead or plan implementations for access management and network security technologies
- Develop testing plans to ensure quality of implementation
- Lead the investigation and reporting of data security events and incidents
- Provide system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies
- Provide technical support to business and technology associates in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate information security procedures, standards and technologies
- Maintain security incident response plans
- Represent major upgrades and business system replacements in change control
- Oversee Enterprise mix of vendor services
- Recommend changes and updates to strategy
- May act a key contact for setting vendor strategy
- Design & engineer repetitive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards
- Develop support procedures and performance metrics reports
- Leads level 1 & 2 incident recoveries
- May organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery
- Lead root cause analysis efforts.
Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 4 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets:
1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security. Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent in education or experience required.
- Firewall Engineer requires 8+ years’ experience in a support & operations or design & engineering role in any of the following areas: access management or network security technologies, servers, networks, telecommunications, operating systems, middle ware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, or hardware/software support;
- Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts as applied to hardware, software, data, network communications, and people.
- Security Certifications: CISSP preferred or other technical security certifications (e.g. Systems Security Certified Practitioner, Certification and Accreditation Professional).
- Must have Enterprise background.
- Must have extensive Check Point Firewall experience - architecture, support, maintenance and monitoring is required.
- Cisco ASA Firewall experience- architecture, support, maintenance and monitoring is desired.
- Risk Management experience is desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of government regulated industry requirements is a plus,
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the following: Data loss prevention, protection or governance and acceptable use of business data, data protection.
- Demonstrated ability to respond rapidly (24/7 on call operation - rotating) for business needs.
- Security Certifications: Technical security certifications (CISSP, Security+, Systems Security Certified Practitioner or Privacy background) preferred.
- BA/BS; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Customer Facing role with experience speaking/communicating via phone, email etc. with other business units external to IT.
- Work rotating on-call schedule.
Sunday, September 8, 2019