Senior Financial Analyst (Data Mining, Power BI)
- Hartford, CT
The FP&A Analyst will report to the Director of FP&A and works closely with other team members of the finance team. The FP&A Analyst plays a critical role in supporting the delivery of a first-class finance function and is instrumental in driving quality information to support the growth and development of The company. The FP&A Analyst will drive financial planning and business modeling efforts across the company and will provide detailed analysis on a wide variety of strategic topics to optimize financial performance.
1- Strong technical and analytical skills
2- Strong data mining skills
3- Strong Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint Skills
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with detailed financial direction to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s portfolio of businesses.
- Participate in the short and long-range planning process by supporting the key sales and operational groups in preparing plans and financial models.
- Provide best-in-class company-wide financial modeling and budgeting to understand drivers of business and how it is tracking against key initiatives.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications. Coordinate the capital spending review process for the company.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the corporate accounting processes
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging business unit analytical resources and tools
- Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Prepare presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods.
- Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
- Evaluate the financial viability of expansion opportunities and new initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- Strong tech skills – excel, macros, SQL, BI Tools
Tuesday, October 1, 2019