- Washington, DC
Our client in the non-profit industry is seeking a Senior Accountant with highly advanced Excel skills. The Senior Accountant maintains the financial accounting systems, accounts payable and receivable, the general ledger, fixed assets, and internal control. Prepares financial, statistical reports and assists with the annual budget preparation process.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities: Grants Management
- Prepare and submit quarterly Vouchers and Revenue and Expense Reports for various Grants.
- Ensure that employees’ salaries are allocated according to the budget.
- Interact with appropriate staff and outside funding sources to ensure completion and compliance of contract requirements.
- Monitor grants and contract expenditures against the budget to determine when revisions are necessary and to ensure proper alignment of expenses with the budget.
- Assist appropriate staff with preparation of budget revision and submit budget modifications.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities: General Accounting
- Provide data for the annual report.
- Financial Reporting
- Reconcile all bank and investment accounts on a monthly basis.
- Review all data entered in the general ledger and financial statement.
- Prepare and post journal entries for input to the accounting system.
- Ensure that all outside filings are prepared and filed on a timely basis.
- Responsible for accurate and timely recording of all revenues, expenses, cash receipts and disbursements.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare and maintain schedule of fixed assets.
- Assist with annual audit by preparing a variety of schedules and reports as needed.
- Provide internal customer service to senior managers and communicate with managers and other staff regarding monthly expenditures, grant reports, etc. as needed.
Senior Accountant Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a minimum of five years related experience in accounting.
- 3+ years of non-profit experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of general ledger entry and maintenance, financial analysis, financial statement reporting and financial report development.
- Ability to work in, develop and maintain computerized financial systems (financial edge).
- Advanced skills in Excel, including pivot tables, are a must.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Tuesday, April 23, 2019