- Hartford, CT
Role & Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst gathers financial information, analyzes that information and prepares reports so that departmental leadership can make recommendations.
- Assists in reviewing the monthly budget, fund and or/general ledgers for the department or business unit within various departments. Provide fluctuation analysis.
- Communicates with accounting staff to obtain variance explanations, to alert them to wire transfers and to ensure that revenue and expenses are captured properly.
- Assists with the regular preparation of reports, invoices and follow-up discussions with department administrators over actual variances from approved budgets.
- participate in forecasting variance analysis reviews.
- May participate in business systems analysis as well
- May assist in monitoring payments by insurance providers in determining revenue streams.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience: 3+ Years of experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, sufficient to compile reports concerning financial status and operating procedures of organizations.
- Knowledge of General Ledger and reporting and business systems.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Monday, August 26, 2019