Director Financial Planning & Analysis
- Hartford, CT
Job Description: The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis a key leader in growth of the company and will spear-head the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. The function provides financial expertise and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the Company to provide insights and support business decision making.
- Lead all FP&A functions for the Company and subsidiaries
- Support the M&A process including valuation and financial analysis. Work with various constituencies to attain and analyze due diligence data, formulate and present findings to senior management, and successfully integrate the acquisitions.
- Develop and maintain in-depth financial models to value private and public companies, conduct sensitivity analysis and provide support for financial due diligence.
- Analyze and report to leadership and Board of Directors the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), including financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Implement and maintain a business intelligence tool to include dashboard reporting company-wide
- Support management team with data-driven analysis
- Gauge the company’s overall financial health, primarily by using key financial ratios such as the debt to equity ratio, current ratio, and interest coverage ratio
- Vet opportunities for expansion by mapping out growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments. Generate three- to five-year financial forecasts.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings, preparing and presenting relevant documents, reports and plans in a timely manner.
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting and analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance; CPA highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience, including 5+ years’ experience in a corporate accounting or financial planning and analysis role
- Big-4 Audit experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills required
- Demonstrated success in financial modeling and analysis
- Proficiency with financial planning and analysis functions, including preparation of financial due diligence quality of earnings reports. annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning and resource allocation processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, and VLOOKUPS
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
Tuesday, December 4, 2018