Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
Hunter Gibbons is seeking a Sr QA Engineer to join our client's team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, with goals relating to the success of their careers as well as our client’s company.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team to identify needs and gather requirements
- Support the team in the design of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Advocate and evangelize best practices such as pair programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Advocate automation of every part of the software delivery lifecycle
- Assist scrum team with sprint planning, test design, test execution, defect analysis/root cause investigation & reporting on test status
- Identify defects and missing information in requirements
- Implement and continually improve an automated testing framework at all levels of the application stack
- Design and implement automated test cases
- Contribute to the creation of a regression test plan specific to the project.
- Prepare defect reports and defect metrics, preferably automated
- Conduct Defect Analysis and management using qTest
- Perform manual functional, regression, end-to-end and user acceptance testing on web based applications
- Document and report issues in bug tracking system (JIRA)
- Coordinate with developers, product managers, DBAs and business analysts as necessary to drive defects to resolution
- Take ownership of product and process quality including determination and improvement of quality metrics.
- Have a sense of urgency for high impact issues, accelerate processes as necessary to get them resolved
- Raise flags for high severity defects to help product and release managers make go/no-go decisions
- Develop test strategies and test plans to provide a framework for achieving release criteria during limited testing cycles.
- Write, maintain and execute test cases.
- Contribute to product design, documentation and support.
- Explore and exploit opportunities for QA automation.
- Work with R&D, Product Management, Professional Services, and Customer Support to understand and address specific customer needs and issues and ensure they are reflected in test plans.
- Improve development and QA processes.
- Work under limited guidance
- Take initiative and participate in formal/informal training to increase supply chain management domain knowledge along with technical skills
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented development
- 5+ years of development experience specifically involving selecting and utilizing the correct processes, tools, and methodologies for test automation suites.
- At least 3 years’ experience on Selenium IDE, Selenium BDD framework is preferred. C# using Selenium to interact with HTML elements
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing manual tests and other QA activities for web-based enterprise-level software products, preferably supply chain related applications.
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle including requirements gathering, design, and testing using current testing methodologies.
- Testing experience with browser clients, web servers, and Windows applications/services.
- Experience writing test plans and test cases. (Qtest preferred)
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and dynamic company environment under tight deadlines
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in understanding technical documentation and requirements.
- Ability to find gaps in designs, ask questions to SMEs, follow up on answers and update tests/requirements.
- Experience with bug and feature tracking systems (JIRA preferred).
- Predisposition to find ways to break software systems.
- Attention to detail.
- Expertise in creating complex SQL queries to verify results of testing.
- Expertise in at least 1 object-oriented programming language.
- Experience in build tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in using distributed versioning control systems such as Git.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines, and responsibilities as part of a team or independently.
- Effective communication skills working with related engineers and implementation teams are key to the position
- Extensive experience working with end-to-end testing processes and methodologies/frameworks
- Deep experience implementing complex test automation using Agile automation techniques and tools
- Ability to articulate the role of testing in an overall QA function and to influence a team of testers and developers towards a culture of “fail early” and “building quality in”
- Exposure to Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Exposure to development environments using Continuous Integration (CI)
- Experience working with Selenium grid and implementing parallel test execution
- Exposure to Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience analyzing business requirements, functional specifications and with collaborative specification
- Experience of Agile workload planning and management (Stories, Tasks, etc)
Thursday, January 2, 2020
Depends on Experience