Sr Quality Engineer
- Goleta, CA
Hunter Gibbons has a permanent position fora Sr. Quality Engineer to join our client’s team in Goleta, CA. Excellent Salary + Benefits! The Senior Quality Engineer position will provide quality assurance monitoring during system design, material procurement, parts and system fabrication, integration, testing, and installation at customer’s designated locations. The position requires a hands-on problem solver with the ability to work both as an independent auditor performing source inspection and surveys at vendor locations and within a team of self-motivated employees.
- Provide technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test efforts
- Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Contribute to design and project reviews internally and with customers
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards
- Coordinates and actively participate in outside inspection, analysis, and other tests (i.e., hydrophone acoustic testing, component failure analysis, and factory/site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
- Provide training for receiving and in-process inspection personnel
- Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures
- Develop Pricing and Delivery Cost Estimates, Department ETCs and EACs
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of experience in inspection/quality engineering in an aerospace or equivalent type of manufacturing environment.
- Sampling Procedures, and familiar with SPC, TQM Lean Six Sigma quality engineering methodologies
- Working knowledge of incoming and in-process inspection techniques; ability to read and understand engineering drawings; specifications; hands-on support for mechanical, electrical, and optical inspections.
- Fluent use of PC based programs such as MS Office, MRP systems, AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to convey information to inspection, engineering, management staff, suppliers, subcontractors, customers, and auditors.
- Strong background in ISO9001/AS9100D, Quality Management Systems
- Familiar with ANSI Z540 calibration requirements, ANSI Z1.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or related field.
Monday, April 20, 2020
Depends on Experience