- Atlanta, GA
You’ll own the accounting function for our client, defining the company’s policies and procedures and building out a team. Specifically, you will oversee general accounting and reporting, external audit coordination, payroll, accounts payable, balance sheet management, tax, and treasury matters.
As the person responsible for the company’s financial statements, you will be a key part of telling the client's story and essential to driving its growth.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be asked to provide leadership in a variety of challenging situations, make significant contributions in a relatively short time, take responsibility for the way you manage your time, and deliver insights that improve the business.
- Own and direct the company’s accounting operations, including establishing and enforcing policies.
- Implement a comprehensive internal control environment. Work with team leaders to develop controls and processes that identify and evaluate potential risks while also mitigating those risks.
- Leverage technology to improve efficiency. Ensure that the company is maximizing its investment in NetSuite and other technologies to improve workflows and scalability.
- Serve as a key member of the Finance leadership team and drive cross-functional initiatives.
- Invest time in managing the current team members and use your leadership skills to build out the Accounting team to support scaling the business.
- Install team operating and collaboration model; finding creative, lightweight ways to align focus on our objectives, and continuously level-up team processes and habits
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements with continuous improvements in clarity and accuracy in the reporting packages quarter-over-quarter. Work with the executive leadership team on a monthly basis presenting financial results, or in the preparation of the Board of Directors' materials.
Audit / Tax / Treasury
- Own the relationship and be the primary liaison with external auditors.
- Maintain banking relationships
- Address global growth ambitions in a tax-efficient manner.
- Assist in setting and overseeing internal transfer pricing schemes.
- Manage tax compliance, audits and disputes.
- Thorough knowledge of SasS business models and GAAP accounting implications
- Deep expertise in accounting policies and procedures with experience establishing, managing and evolving them in early stage, high growth companies.
- Strong customer service orientation with a proactive approach and sensitivity towards consistently improving service for the business - demonstrated record of high customer satisfaction
- Ten years of accounting and finance experience
- Six years of experience managing accountants and accounting processes
- Four years of “Big 4” audit experience
- Three recent years of medium ($25M+) software, SaaS and managed services
- Three recent years’ experience in a Controller position or higher
- Two recent years’ experience at a private equity portfolio company
- Active Certified Public Accountant license (CPA)
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or related field