The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall positioning and messaging of the products within a specified business unit. This person is also responsible for the marketing of product launches and creation of product collateral. Inherent in fulfilling these responsibilities is a substantial amount of customer, market, product, and competitive analysis.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become an expert on our clients technology and services solutions, including the unique value proposition in the market, based on a thorough understanding of the market problems and competition
- Build product and industry positioning and messaging and develop product collateral
- Develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other organizations
Buyer & Customer Expertise:
- Map out the potential buying process for our products, including developing buyer personas for the key roles in the buying and renewal processes
- Build relevant content for buyer roles to consume in a variety of formats throughout the buying process, including presentations, white papers, brochures, social media, web pages, and more
- Drive customer retention strategies, including conducting win/loss analysis and identifying product references for industry and customer referrals
Speaking to the Market:
- Collaborate with our Sales Enablement and Corporate Marketing functions on well-defined campaign and sales enablement plans
- Assist in the creation of thought-leadership and sales enablement content (e.g., blogs, playbooks, battlecards, sales scripts, presentations, training modules and demos)
- Manage launch planning and orchestrate execution of the commercial release of a product, including campaign strategy and/or alignment to existing solution campaign structure
Bachelor’s degree required
- Working knowledge of Sirius Decisions’ Product Marketing framework or Pragmatic Marketing framework is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership: Must possess solid leadership qualities with proven business results. Must be able to work with limited supervision and be accountable for actions and decisions. Must be skilled at working in a matrixed business environment.
- Communication: Must be a strong facilitator with excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to interface appropriately and present product positioning and value at all levels (i.e. peers, management, customers).
- Project Management: Must possess outstanding organization and project management skills, along with the ability to interact with a wide range of cross-functional teammates, buyers and customers.