Penetration Tester (Contractor)
Our client is seeking a Penetration Tester who is willing to work, initially as a contractor, for a cybersecurity advisory client with a growing team that services the SMB market in a variety of industries across the US including healthcare, legal, government, financial services, retail, and cloud service providers.
OUR CLIENT is looking for an information security professional with penetration testing experience. This role will provide the opportunity to work on several types of security projects including ethical hacking for a very diverse client base.
PRIMARY DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include:
We will consider individuals that lack some level of direct experience for a strong desire to learn, develop and grow into the role. Candidates should be able to effectively analyze and communicate the technical results of testing into relevant findings that can be understood by all levels of management at an organization.
• Bachelor's degree or Associates Degree in a related field
• Security certification such as CISSP, OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, CISM, CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CEH, GSEC and willingness to pursue further certifications and stay up to date on industry developments through ongoing training
• Knowledge of databases, application security, and web server design and implementation
• Previous hands on experience in penetration testing (network, system, and application) and vulnerability assessments would be a strong plus
• Knowledge of IT Security current threats as well as Industry Best Practices
• Experience with wireless LAN security
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to help clients understand technical issues and business risks as related to the results of testing
• Must be able to interact confidently with various levels of technical and management positions
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Successful candidates will be set up to work remote as well as at client sites. Some overnight travel will be required (the amount varies depending on client assignments).