The Senior Manager for SOC Audits will be responsible for supervising a team of SOC Assurance professionals in the planning, fieldwork and wrap-up for the preparation of third party attestation reports, including Service Organization Control (SOC) 1, SOC 2, and WebTrust for CAs. The Audit Senior Manager, SOC will be responsible for applying most all areas of the applicable governing standard while supervising third party attestation engagements. This position may also be involved in other business process or IS assurance related engagements, including SOX, IT general control testing for private company financial audit engagements, and agreed-upon procedure engagements. In this role, the Audit Senior Manager, SOC will participate in marketing, networking, and the development of business proposals and other business development activities to grow the SOC Assurance practice.
Additionally, the Audit Senior Manager, SOC is expected to maintain key client relationships and act as the primary contact for clients regarding complex technical areas impacting their third party attestation engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other relevant field required
- Master’s degree in Accounting and minor or dual major in Information Systems or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of prior experience in internal or external audit required
- More than Five (5) years of prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience performing internal control reviews preferred
- Experience performing SOC, SOX or ISO 27001 engagements desired
- CPA, CISA, CISSP or other relevant certifications required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exposure to industry software such as PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, SAP, Lawson, Oracle Financials, Great Plains, Solomon IV and MAS/90-500, UNIX, OS400 or ERP application software packages desired
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company
- Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a group environment
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid project management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40%
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels