Principal Digital Forensics Incident Response Consultant
- Austin, TX
Principal Incident Response Consultant
Our client is a startup and highly respected security advisory firm specializing in Data Breach Response and Risk Management. With a highly-successful track record of delivering mission critical cybersecurity solutions using cutting edge technology, we are experienced in working quickly to provide and execute effective incident response and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture. We are committed to helping our clients in response to an attack and hardening their environments.
As their company continues to grow, they are looking for talented Principal Incident Response Security Consultants who are interested in responding to and investigating cyber breaches to join their team.
Responsibilities for the Principal Incident Response Security Consultant include:
- Analyze Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Manage incident response engagements to scope work, guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Mentor incident response consultants in incident response and forensics.
Qualifications for the Principal Incident Response Security Consultant include:
- 6+ years of incident response or digital forensics consulting experience with a passion for cyber security
- Strong leadership skills including experience managing a team or individuals
- Experience with leading complicated engagements including scoping, interfacing with the client, and have executed on a technical front
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Incident response consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
Compensation for the Incident Response Security Consultant includes:
- Competitive base salary with quarterly bonus plan
- Full Benefits: Cigna Healthcare, MetLife Dental, VSP Vision, and 401k with Voya
- Ability to Perform Some Remote Work, Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy, Paid Annual Training/Conference Program, and Unique Office Perks
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
$140,000 - $160,000 + bonus