Job Title: Project Manager II
Location: Redmond, WA
Duration: +12 months with a scope of extension or conversion
Job Type: W-2
This role will be on the Facebook Reality Labs Academic Relations team. This role will be responsible for implementing academic request for proposals. Tasks include setting up the application process, coordinating activities of the review or research teams, and all aspects executing contracts with approved academic proposals.
• Coordinate all the steps of the request for proposal process. This includes preparing materials for publicly posting, obtaining necessary approvals, setting up and administering the review tools and processes, notifying applicants of award status and administering the awards.
• Track the status of multiple concurrent projects, and report status at least weekly to research teams
• Correspond with University partners to execute contracts, arrange payment or problem-solve
• Independently troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise during the review and award-making process. This may include escalating to appropriate stakeholders, as needed.
• Document the review and approval processes, and make changes to streamline the process, as needed
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and drive to pro-actively keep multi-stakeholder projects on track.
• Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, Google Docs and comfort using tools such as Sharepoint or project management tools.
• Bachelor's degree
Experience managing multi-stakeholder projects or programs