The main function of Research Program Manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc
* Tracking tasks to identity individuals responsible for their portions of work and follow-up on a week-to-week basis
* Preparing minutes of meetings of detailed technical records or what was discussed in team sync meetings
* Creating and updating project management plans for mid-level schedules as estimated arrival dates shift
* Identifying task dependencies and bottlenecks and adjusting critical path as required
* Processing procurement requests for new hardware and software following established processes, entering the request and tracking of status to completion
* Tracking and distributing hardware and software for internal and external distribution
* Entering and tracking progress of tasks for research paper submissions
* Following processes to obtain legal approvals for negotiated contracts
* Logistical support for team meetings including following agenda, taking and distributing technical notes and tracking completion of action items
* Maintaining schedules for booking rooms ensuring availability when needed
* Posting documentation for internal wiki and updates to processes
* Reporting on status, progress and issues as needed to management and dependent teams
* Tracking of progress of own work items and deliverables
* Maintaining up-to-date parts and equipment lists, tracking incoming orders and escalation appropriate personnel in the team for any shortage or excess
* Leveraging established inventory processes or developing new processes, if needed, to accomplish above task
* Identifying, documenting and delving deeply into challenges immediately impacting a project plan, especially blockers, and establish a path to correct as quickly as possible
* Escalating as needed and notifying dependencies of anticipated schedule shifts
* Working directly with vendors and partners to maintain clear and consistent communication, set clear expectations and do follow-up to ensure deliverables are received as anticipated
* Ensuring delays are propagated in the schedule and project documents are updated
* Identifying needs for new processes or tools to help the team run and communicate more smoothly and continue to iterate on that process to balance overhead with effectiveness
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
• Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
• PMI or PMP certification preferred.