Contract for Leading Social Media Company
Job Title: Automation Engineer V
Location: Burlingame, CA
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 12 months with scope for extension/conversion
Request ID: 13031-1
The main function of an automation software engineer is to design, program, simulate, and test automated technology and processes in order to carry out specific tasks. The typical automation engineer is responsible for detailed design specifications and other documents in the process of creation.
• Design, develop, and test the manufacture of automated equipment.
• Evaluate the cost effectiveness, reliability and safety of certain design models.
• Estimate time and cost to complete projects.
• Simulate and test machine/structure/system operation.
• Investigate and test vendors’ and competitors’ products.
• Python, c++, Java
• Automation lab system bringup
• creating and running scripts for batch processing, operating lab equipment
• Camera photography experience
• iRobot automation system experience
• Android platform testing experience
• Experience in hardware testing
• Experience in developing, writing, and updating test scripts
• Color science or imaging science background is a plus.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
• Ability to apply principles of automated theory to engineering projects.
• Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required.