Job Title: Program Manager V
Duration: +9 months with a possible extension or conversion
Job Type: W-2
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Design Program Manager, Product Foundation: UI Quality and Accessibility
Design Program Managers (DPMs) at Facebook are passionate connectors and problem solvers. By supporting the various aspects of the product teams, you will enable teams to focus their time on designing, building and shipping products. You will improve team communication, collaboration, and remove roadblocks. Finally, you'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise, and team impact, and you'll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together.
The Product Foundation team is looking for a DPM to support UI Quality and Accessibility programs.
Program Definition and Execution
* Work cross-functionally with research, product, design and engineering to develop roadmaps and drive product decisions.
* Work with research to understand the XFN needs of product teams and influence product roadmaps and features.
* Facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establishing clear next steps and owners and resolving blocks that impede progress.
* Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams.
* Measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively.
* Develop and maintain communication and education strategies for roadmaps, education and rollout plans for various tools and features.
* Collaborate cross-functionally with our creative team, product management, engineering, product design, user research and content strategy to ensure a smooth product development process.
* Support the management team with effective team communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution.
* Establish communication structure to report out updates, progress and status with task forces or leads on the team so everyone understands role and expectations.
* Manage program communication and proactively connect with partners in other offices or disciplines to make them aware of the programs and how they can provide support.
* Build impactful relationships and serve as a dependable point of contact across the product design, research, and content strategy teams and cross-functional partners you're working with in all offices
* Establish and execute activities that build team culture and community, team values and trust, and help individuals tie their work back to Facebook's mission
* Developing and executing a communications strategy for programs across a complex organization.
* Experience working with creative teams from concept to execution.
* Experience working with product teams from roadmapping through delivery.
* Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists, product managers and engineers.
* Minimum 8 years of experience as a digital producer, project manager or program manager with a background establishing programs, supporting XFN teams and developing lasting relationships.
* Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
* Successful in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions.
* Experience leading product strategy.
* Experience communicating with data to drive change.
* Experience working directly with engineering teams.