Job title: Sr. IT Engineer, Cyber Security Operations
Duration: 12+ months (possibility of conversion)
Location: Florida, San Mateo or Rancho Cordova (Sacramento)
The Data Protection Team manages and operates the solutions and components used to provide security services in the corporate environment. In this role, you are mainly responsible for the operational support, performance, tactical lifecycle management and continuous improvement of the underlying technologies. This position reports to the Security Operations Team Lead.
• Operationally manage and support the Security Infrastructure.
• Provide 2nd level support.
• Communicate directly with the end customers and/or partners regarding incidents and requests utilizing phone, email, web services, or ticketing system.
• Work closely with the Architecture, Engineering, Security Governance and Incident Response Team.
• Contribute to the content and sources for run books, SOPs, and KB articles.
• Maintain Inventory of assets, software and hardware.
• Develop business and technical critical know-how within area of expertise for the function.
• Perform all administrative processes and procedures to ensure that the solutions and components meet agreed SLAs for availability and performance.
• Be responsible for platform installation, daily administration, technical support and in maintaining consistent configuration according to established Change Management process.
• Proactively monitor systems and platforms for performance, availability and capacity management and ensure that the solution and component escalations are minimized.
• Ensure high level of customer satisfaction in promptly fulfilling requests, resolving incidents and managing changes.
• Ensure procedures, processes and documentation are in compliance with regulatory guidelines and organizational standards.
• Understand, implement and follow relevant concepts of ITIL, GxP and Project Management. These include Request Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Qualification and Validation and Project Management.
• Participate and be the main technical contact in relevant IT projects and operational activities outside of normal day to day tasks.
• Actively focus on own self-development in creating actionable plans to improve
• Complete tasks and assignments with a strong customer focus and a highly responsive service delivery and support ethic.
• Excellent coordination, organizational and communication skills.
• International mind set with clear goal orientation.
• Take a proactive, collaborative and supportive approach when interacting with colleagues.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or business field, or equivalent experience.
• ITIL Service Management certification (Foundation required, Practitioner and experience strongly preferred).
• Security certifications (CISM, CISSP, etc.) are preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience with proven track record of working in a major, global organization, preferably in a regulated industry.
• 3-5 years of technical experience supporting security tools (Symantec suite: End Point Protection and DLP, Splunk, Whitelisting Solutions, Web Application Firewalls, Cloud Application Security Brokers Technologies, Vulnerability management tools like Rapid7, Nessus or Tripwire).
• Experience in providing solutions aligned with standards, security, validation, capacity, high availability and identifying associated risks.
• Demonstrated willingness to cross train and to learn additional expertise related to operational activities.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative and commitment to operational excellence skills.
• Strong understanding of Security concepts, trends and best practices and working experience in qualified and validated environment.
• Strong understanding of Vulnerability Management frameworks.
• Strong hands-on technical security skills, operational background, and working experience with security technologies and underlying infrastructure is an advantage