Job Title: Technical Writer IV
Duration: +12 months with a scope of extension or conversion
Job Type: W2
The main function of a technical writer is to write technical materials, such as equipment materials, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. A typical technical writer is responsible for organizing, editing and maintaining technical records and files.
• Review and approve material for standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
• Review and approve edits or changes made to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
• Confer with client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
• Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content and methods of reproduction and binding.
• Interview production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
Responsibilities Specific to this Posting:
Maintain Internal Wiki
•Create and maintain a Wiki hierarchy which provides a landing page for each team in the org to provide key information about themselves
•Gather input from teams to document the mission and responsibilities of each team, including
- What products/features/technologies they develop
- How their team communicates (workplace groups, PoCs for different topics)
- What oncalls they are responsible for
- Who is on the team
• Document major v-teams and their objectives
• Work with TPM to publish and maintain an org chart
• Work with Directors to document and update team goals on a bi-yearly basis
Create Onboarding Guide
• Maintain an onboarding guide for new hires to get started using internal tools and understanding the code base
• Migrate content from older team wikis to merged wiki, including deprecating, merging, and updating content in the process
• Write documentation and code samples for 1P and 3P APIs
• Manage a request queue to help engineers writing new technical documentation.
Data Systems Documentation
• Document Data Flow diagrams
• Document Architecture
• Reference design development with code snippets & libraries
• Develop Case studies for different data systems
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Strong knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
• Strong knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
• Bachelor's degree required.