leader in the manufacturing of automatic lens edging machines, is looking for a highly motivated individual in the role of Experienced Field Service Technician. Reporting to the Technical Department Manager and the Costumer Service Operations General Manager, the Experienced Field Service Technician will:
• Perform machine installations and preventive maintenance at client facilities
• Provide machine operation training and demo for the costumers in the Wood Dale office
• Travel extensively (70% of the time) across USA, Canada and Mexico, and Europe for training purposes. The remaining time will be spent in the Chicago office, performing help desk activities.
• Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve equipment issues
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to service management principles
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions if required, as technical support for the machine installations
This job typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent, plus 4-6 years of work-related experience. ASE certification is highly appreciated as well as experience with ISO 9001. The successful candidate will also have:
• Electro-mechanical skills to interact with customers and the headquarter technical support department
• Knowledge of modern CNC machinery and relative components
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows based computers
• A passion for ensuring a high level of customer service/satisfaction
• Proven ability to be self-motivated, work without supervision, and be a team player
• An appreciation for and understanding of diverse audiences and communities
This job requires very frequent bending, upper body twisting, standing, and kneeling. Repetitive use of the hands, squeezing, and crouching. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds, recurrent lifting of 11-20 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 21 or more pounds. Also requires constant pushing and pulling of 1-50 pounds and infrequent pushing and pulling of over 50 pounds with the aid of handcarts or other wheeled devices. Speaking, hearing, good visual and color acuity are also indispensable requirements to perform this type of job.
Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties, a valid passport, and a valid driver's license are required. Successful completion of a motor vehicle records check, in addition to standard background checks, is also required.