Job Title: Digital Merchandiser / Inventory Planner, Digital Channel
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 3+ months with possible conversion or extension
Leading Retail Company
The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional plans. Responsible for creating a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals – managing entire assortment from pre-season inventory positioning through in-season markdown at the individual choice level. Accountable for the divisional site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
What you'll do:
• Develop and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a category.
• Develop category pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans
• Develop seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities used to inform pre-line.
• Collaborate and influence cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals, including product development for channel-exclusive product.
• Identify areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution. • Develop a strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
• Create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
• Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture within area of responsibility.
• Deliver on the site experience vision (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall marketing experience.
• Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
• Collaborate with business partners to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
Who you are
• BA or BS Preferred
• 2-4 years merchandise/inventory planning, retail planning, or equivalent experience
• Experienced Excel user who is comfortable with manipulating data
• Experience with Adobe Omniture is a plus
• Business Acumen/Drives Results; Displays curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find opportunities for improvement. Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
• Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
• Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions and actively supports strategies
• Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Embraces opportunity to learn
• Talent Builder skills; owns self-development
• Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Actively and positively participates in teams or collaborates for higher performance