- San Francisco, CA
Job Title: SME/Consultant (861-1)
Duration: 6 months with scope for extension/conversion
Client: Worldwide Apparel Retailer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Request ID: 861-1
**Must have US Work Authorization
This individual plays a key role supporting our public private partnership, the USAID Gap Inc. Women + Water Alliance, a collective action initiative with four implementing nonprofit partners working together to empower women and communities to improve their access to water and sanitation in cotton-growing and textile-manufacturing communities in India.
- Works with both external stakeholders and internal stakeholders to develop and implement Gap Inc.’s Water Leadership positioning and approach across ESG, sustainable sourcing, and brand sustainability teams.
- Support the program management for the Women + Water Alliance, coordinating with program partners on USAID reporting deliverables and record-keeping, audits and due diligence, stakeholder presentation preparation, and supporting on financial reporting.
- Collect data and impact stories for external reporting and communications opportunities
- Support core Water team across geographies (US and India) and coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders for ongoing integration through direct touchpoints and streamlined processes and systems.
- Monitor market developments and corporate benchmarking for best practices ensuring that Gap Inc. continues to drive industry leadership
- CollaborationDrive Results
- 5+ years’ experience in related field and/or organization in international development, nonprofit, philanthropy, or corporate sustainability. Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline a plus.
- Experience working with USAID, public private partnerships, or international development iniatitives a strong plus.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously under minimal supervision. Proactively seeks solutions and pays close attention to detail.
- Strong, demonstrated project coordination and timeline management experience.
- Experience managing grants and budgets
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business, and across time zones as necessary. Ability to adapt style to a variety of cultural perspectives.
- Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 6-month contract with potential to transition to a full-time position
Wednesday, September 29, 2021