Job Title: Project Coordinator IV
Duration: +12 months with a scope of extension or conversion
Job Type: W2
Data Engineer I - Annotation Coordinator
* Build high quality data annotation (labeling) workflows for machine learning data sets, implementing the required queries, pipelines, and visualizations, using Facebook's data tools and frameworks.
* Translate research scientists’ data annotation requirements into technical solutions using internal tools.
* Communicate progress and plans and raise critical issues with peers, manager, and cross-functional partners in a timely manner.
* Implement custom metrics and generate reports on annotation efficiency and accuracy.
* Monitor problems, facilitate resolution, and implement changes as necessary to keep projects on track.
* Develop data set management tools, to upload, download, parse and manipulate data.
* Create documentation including solution design and training materials for annotators.
* May report to a senior project or technical program manager.
* Demonstrated proficiency in data engineering, with experience working with machine learning data labeling pipelines.
* Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently with minimal guidance by using good judgement and problem-solving skills.
* Understand and follow standard engineering processes to implement, test, and operationalize data annotation pipelines.
* Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with team members and individuals throughout the broader organization.
* Resourceful in getting answers to questions and work through any issues in reasonable time.
* Ability to build solutions with reliability, efficiency, security (data privacy, data access, etc.) and performance.
* Must be proactive, with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Familiarity with Linux and Bash shell commands and scripting.
* Knowledge of SQL.
* At least of 2 years of experience with Python and PHP.
* Basic video editing skills needed for creating training videos.
* Experience working in a fast-paced research and/or product development environment.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, engineering or MIS.