Technical Project Manager III
- Fremont, CA
Contract for Leading Social Media Company
Job Title: Technical Project Manager III
Location: Fremont, CA or Reston, VA
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 12 months with scope for extension/conversion
Request ID: 13142-1
Work Authorization: Should be authorized to work in the US (e.g. EAD/GC/Citizen)Summary:
The Technical Project Manager will help develop, maintain, and execute key processes, tools, and relationships critical for the successful completion of Cellular and Public Safety Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) projects in Facebook Data Centers.Job Responsibilities:
• Project management of DAS deployments across our global fleet of data centers• Design coordination, internally with cross-functional partners as well as external vendors, including partnering on the development of technical design solutions, design integration and leading design kick-off and review meetings• Manage external vendors in delivering design, procurement, installation and project closeout packages• Establish project level milestone schedules for deployments including design, procurement, execution, and closeout phases• Assist with developing project budgets and providing ROM cost estimates• Lead project meetings with internal and external stakeholders and document review cycles• Draft, create and manage project documents• Support procurement activities including forecasting, ordering, and closing out material procurement• Act as liaison with Sourcing teams to ensure alignment with procurement strategies, processes, policies, and best practices• Oversee the collection of project performance data for input in Program Management tools, reports and executive summaries• Support the coordination and execution of internal business reviews and quarterly business reviews with internal and external stakeholders• Assist data center field teams with escalating and resolving non-conformance reports• Coordinate internal and external meetings, maintaining accurate meeting minutes and action itemsSkills:
• Knowledge of distributed antennae systems (cellular and public safety).• Demonstrated knowledge of project management capabilities; understanding and gathering requirements, planning projects, executing projects and closing out projects with monitoring and control of the project throughout the lifecycle.• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.• Experience with Google Suite, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project.Education/Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering or project management.• Experience designing/deploying/maintaining/operating distributed antennae systems (cellular and public safety).• Knowledge of cabling and network technologies and standards an asset.• PMI or PMP certification preferred.
• Experience in "mission critical"/"operating" environments an asset. Experience in data center environments an asset.
- This role will need to be specialized in distributed antenna systems (DAS).
- Ideally 2-4 years of experience with DAS
- Very likely potential to extend, opportunities to be brought into an FTE role at FB.
- Looking for experience in cellular systems, public safety systems, DAS, Project management in Technical field, integrations, deployment.
Saturday, August 7, 2021