Marketing Technology Product Manager
Location: San Francisco
Duration: 1+ year
This role drives a key part of the Marketing Technology strategy for the Salesforce Global Digital Team.
The Product Manager will own and drive the roadmap for a defined group of products establishing how we need to innovate in our MarTech platform investments to enable richer, more customized experiences for our customers. Success in this role will be to guide the emergence of a more robust platform, by applying a strong understanding of marketing technologies, and how they can be applied to create personalized communication with customers across multiple touch points.
* Define a bold vision and strategy for a marketing technology platform, with heavy emphasis on our marketing website.
* Gain alignment with leadership on the marketing and website technology strategy, define a roadmap to achieve and lead execution.
* Understand the needs of our customers and how those intersect with our business goals.
* Build and own a quarterly rolling 12-month roadmap to deliver on those objectives.
* Engage with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure technology synergies are understood and leveraged.
* Be the source of knowledge for the organization on latest 3rd party marketing technology trends, ensure we are staying ahead of the curve.
* Engage with multiple business stakeholders to ensure all product needs are captured and mapped to value.
* Write high quality user stories, using an agile approach, that represent a collaborative view on the direction for the technology platform as defined by development managers and architects.
* Work collaboratively with engineering teams to deliver iterative value against roadmap(s).
* Represent the MarTech Product team and its backlog in central product management planning exercises.
* Provide deep analysis of customer and site analytics to understand behavior, platform performance and identify opportunity areas.
* Ensure key marketing technologies and platforms are optimally integrated with the MarTech Platform (i.e. CMS, Analytics, tag manager, and others).
* Manage digital programs to ensure program milestone align with estimate quarterly delivery of roadmap features.
* 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in the area of online platforms, web stack, or marketing technology
* Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience and design systems
* Ability to conceptualize a solution from inception to implementation
* Ability to turn complicated inputs into a clear, communicable vision
* Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams comprising product managers, project managers/scrum masters, UI/UX, marketers and engineering
* Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating high-level business-requirement documentation as well as other documentation work-flow diagrams and use-cases
* Experience with Web Content Management Systems (WCMS)
* Experience with three of more Marketing Technologies (CRM, Personalization Engines, Analytics, Search, etc...)
* Results-oriented individual with strong influencing, problem solving and negotiation skills
* Ability to make data-driven decisions, even when unpopular with some
* Knowledge of current digital web and application standards
* Demonstrated portfolio of user-centric digital experiences with proven, positive impacts to engagement and KPIs
* Experience defining prototypes and tests to inform work definition
Bonus / Nice to have
* Management Consulting
* High-tech Industry Experience
* MS / MBA
* Salesforce CRM Experience