Job Title: Program Manager I
Duration: +12 months with a scope of extension or conversion
Job Type: W2
Job Description: Emerging Sports Partnerships Program Manager (Contractor Position)
Facebook is seeking a detail-oriented Program Manager to help develop and manage emerging sports properties on FB platforms. A successful candidate will help build community across strategic and emerging sports trends (e.g. NFTs/collectibles, fitness, and Mixed Martial Arts).
The Sports Partnerships team at Facebook works closely with the leading content creators in the world, including leagues, teams, media, and athletes. This role requires knowledge of the sports business industry, strong business (e.g. Microsoft Excel and Keynote) and interpersonal skills to help drive alignment among various stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience influencing stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization. This role will require cross-team collaboration with our internal counterparts in Scaled Partnerships, Product, Marketing and Partner Solutions, and will touch upon a broad set of products across Facebook, Inc. with a primary focus on our video, community and monetization products such as Watch, Instagram, Stories, Groups, Ad Breaks, Branded Content and more. This is a 12-month contract role, based in Menlo Park or San Francisco, for the Sports Partnerships Team.
- Analyze various emerging sports ecosystems based on FB insights to identify high potential publishers to meet broader platform video, community and monetization goals
- Develop best practices by sports vertical and related partner engagement models that can scale across various emerging sports ecosystems
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop processes and materials that scale the communication of best practices and partner support
- Develop case studies with Strategic Partnership Manager to highlight various aspects of partner value across Facebook and Instagram
- Support programming partners on video publishing and manage support requests Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in sports/entertainment industry, with focus on digital initiatives and partnerships (strongly preferred but not required)
- Deep understanding of the sports industry and sports publisher ecosystem on Facebook & Instagram
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to handle multiple time- sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
- Knowledge of the sports content and media landscape, revenue streams, digital business models and overall internet/technology space
- Ability to work effectively independently, as a team, and cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Experience working with data and drawing actionable insights from data
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree or higher