Job Title: Technical Project Manager IV 16488-1
Duration: +12 months with a scope of extension or conversion
Job Type: W2
Location: Menlo Park, CA OR Seattle, WA
The main function of a technical project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities for a technical engineering program.
• Review program roadmaps and coordinate program activity.
• Consult with engineering management, technical engineering leads, to ensure programs stay on track and are aligned with the overall objective for the program.
• Meet with engineering directors, managers, program managers, and tech leads to solicit input in a timely manner to resolve technical challenges.
• Determine appropriate key performance indicators for program success, and track and report on those metrics.
• Ability to balance operational work under tight deadlines with identifying and executing on efforts to improve processes.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Ability to take complex engineering goals and provide structure and communication to inform stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMI or PMP certification preferred.
*Considering candidates based in Seattle as well
* General program manager experience
* Proven ability to work in very complex technical background or engineering background
* Verbal written communication skills and great with determining KPIs
* 5 years minimum experience is okay but 8-10 preferred
* Should be good at tracking report metrics