Sr Analyst, Customer Analytics
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Customer Analytics organization is a critical component of the Strategy and Customer Engagement Team at Athleta. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across our brand. We're looking for intelligent, data-driven professionals that will help us advance our analytic capabilities around understanding customer behavior and key growth opportunities across our product categories, markets, and channels.
As a Sr. Analyst of Customer Analytics, you will be primarily responsible for performing complex customer analysis including discovering patterns of customer behavior, predicting lifetime value, developing segmentation strategies, and managing customer forecasting. The ideal candidate for this role is highly analytical and possesses proven problem-solving skills in ambiguous environments. This role reports into the Director of Customer Analytics.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Partner closely with marketers and other teams across the organization to identify impactful business problems and translate them into structured analyses, actionable insights, and reports and dashboards.
• Manage multiple data sources, identify gaps in the data capture process and make suggestions on improvements/enhancements for data hygiene.
• Perform exploratory and predictive analytics, analyzing customer/prospect behavior patterns, using a combination of descriptive statistics, segmentation techniques, and predictive modeling to inform and impact business decisions.
• Create both standardized, automated reports as well as more in-depth analyses on customer behavior.
• Synthesize qualitative and quantitative customer data from multiple sources to develop comprehensive longitudinal views of customer behavior and attributes.
• Frame the right questions, write queries and perform ad-hoc analysis to support immediate business data needs supplemented with clear recommendations and next steps.
• Strong experience with techniques such as A/B testing, predictive modeling, acquisition and churn analysis, clustering, segmentation.
• Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments to test the validity of hypotheses around user acquisition and retention strategy.
• Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, or Business Administration preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in data / customer analytics role, preferably in an omni-channel retail environment
• Experience in SQL, PL/SQL or other programming languages
• Experience with statistical software (ex. R, SAS, SPSS) to conduct statistical analyses (regression, multivariate testing, segmentation etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and familiarity with business intelligence and reporting software (Business Objects). Knowledge of Tableau and Adobe Analytics/Omniture would be a plus
• Experience with data visualization; creation of metrics reports and dashboard views
• Detail-oriented with ability to balance detail and holistic, strategic perspective of business
• Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences from staff to senior executive level
• Must work well with multi-functional work teams and be willing to take initiative
• Strong project management, time management, organizational and consultative skills, with ability to thrive in small team environment
• Customer Impact
• Strategic Orientation
• Drives Results