Job Title: Project/Program Management - Regional Project Manager IV
Duration: +12 months
Work Location:New York
Job Type: W-2
The successful candidate will be an integral part of supporting the Facilities PM team making Facebook the number one place to work globally. They will also help create industry leading workplaces that will promote Facebook’s brand, support Facebook’s sales processes and help attract and retain top industry talent.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Project Manager to oversee and work on relocation, expansion, and renovation projects in its Americas offices, predominately in the Eastern Region. Projects will range in size and there could be other assignments depending on volume and workflow. This management position has administrative, operational, financial and management accountability for Facebook’s design and construction management programs in the region. This position will be in New York and will report to the Americas East Coast Regional Project Lead, who is based in New York as well.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Experience managing large project teams successfully through the planning, design and construction process
• Experience in managing multiple projects and competing dead
• Ability to develop, manage and deliver project budgets and schedules
• Excellent time management, interpersonal communication, organization and personal effectiveness skills in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent relationship skills: Ability to develop and maintain long-term professional relationships with cross functional partners and project teams
• Positive attitude and a collaborative, team approach
• Experience in leasing assistance and leading building evaluation and due diligence process.
Specific duties will include, but not be limited to, assisting the FB East Coast Project Manager in:
• Overseeing some of the projects in NYC and translate the Facebook culture and values into the workplace and built environment
• Ensure the look and feel of Facebook’s offices are consistent with global standards whilst respecting local culture
• Oversee and manage the procurement of design, construction and consultant services;
• Manage 3rd party PM, design and construction team through the entire project life cycle.
• Oversee and review the development of architectural and engineering construction drawings and bid documents;
• Review, understand, and manage procedures for handling changes to the contract documents, monthly valuations, drawing submissions, change orders, substitutions, etc.
• Coordinate and direct resources (internal workstreams, project managers, etc.), as required;
• Assist in development and monitoring of project budgets and schedules
• Oversee and communicate analysis of budgets and schedules and their effect on the financial objectives of the project;
• Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders and approve and process scheduled progress draw packages for payment;
• Manage the project close out process to a successful completion;
• Oversee onboarding/training of both internal and external project team members;
• Promote the highest level of professionalism and ethics.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or Business Management;
• 8-10 years of directly related development and project management experience;
• A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project controls, project management, construction documentation and sequencing;
• A motivated self-starter with a high level of personal integrity and business ethics who thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment;
• A working knowledge of alternate materials/construction methods; construction costs, value-engineering techniques and Building/Occupancy laws and lease requirements;
• Ability to maintain professionalism in the face of deadlines; exhibit good listening, negotiation and problem-solving skills; and to handle confidential information with discretion and trustworthiness;
• Good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and web-based project management tools.
• Travel to sites in the Americas region may be required for this role.