JobTitle: UX/Web Designer (391-1) Type: OTCA Duration: 21 W, 6 D with scope for extension/conversion Client: Worldwide Apparel Retailer Location: San Francisco, CA Request ID: 391-1 **Must have US Work Authorization
JobTitle: UX/Web Designer (391-1)
Duration: 21 W, 6 D with scope for extension/conversion
Client: Worldwide Apparel Retailer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Request ID: 391-1
**Must have US Work Authorization
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The core purpose of this position is to design and deliver creative assets across our digital ecosystem (mobile and ecommerce, app, email, social and paid media), contributing to a best-in-class customer experience. Must be experienced in visual design and digital production. Has an acute attention to detail, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel. This role requires a high level of collaboration and takes art direction from the design team. It requires being open to feedback and capacity to make multiple rounds of changes.
Create daily and seasonal designs based on brand strategy, brand aesthetic and guidelines
Create multiple design concepts for internal reviews with design managers and directors
Makes GIF animations and motion graphics in Photoshop, After Effects and/or Premiere. Ability to export video clips as GIFs.
Slice and deliver assets according to guidelines, working with WCD and/or CMS
Provide guidelines as necessary to WCD
Q/A all site refreshes
Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company’s weekly initiatives
Partner, collaborate with and take direction from leadership.
Collaborate cross-functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company’s initiatives. Leverage strategy, analytics and brand insights
Receive and implement feedback from key stakeholders
Customer-centric thinker. Continually absorbs customer insights and applies knowledge strategically.
Express your ideas and work clearly through presentations with your team and business partners
Detail-oriented and organized.
Work with our prepress department to achieve high quality, retouched product and lifestyle imagery, as well as manage color changes to ensure consistency and color accuracy.
Organize, maintain, and archive digital production assets in preparation for weekly and seasonal launches.
Follows brand standards, guidelines and art direction provided by designers and art directors.
Maintains cross-functional workflow processes and standards.
Collaborates with designers, copywriters, art directors, prepress, developers, brand and marketing teams, as well as trafficking team, to develop, iterate and deliver creative assets.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• BA in Graphic or Web Design/UX
• 2+ years digital design experience
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Understanding of typography and hierarchy skills
• Has a sharp eye for design, an elevated aesthetic and maintains integrity and intention of designs
• Strong attention to detail
• Possesses a growth mindset
• Ability to juggle many projects at once, while maintaining quality control with a quick turnaround
• You’re a self-sufficient problem solver
• Experience working cross-functionally across many teams and departments
• Open-minded and calm under pressure, with the ability to handle a high volume of work and deliver on fast turnarounds
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
• Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes
• Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with designers and web developers
• Resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Solid knowledge of digital media
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
• Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
• Ability to create GIFs and motion graphics. After Effects skills are a plus.
• Working knowledge of XD and Keynote
• Understands responsive design, how to design for various devices, viewports and retina.
• Understanding of photo retouching and color correction. Can also be hands-on.