Contract for Leading Social Media Company
Job Title: Technical Program Manager V
Location: Fremont, CA
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 12 months with scope for extension/conversion
Request ID: 13143-1
The main function of a Technical Program Manager is to provide successful definition, implementation and delivery of complex programs that require cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies across a group of projects and/or related activities. The focus of this role will be in the planning, design and deployment of physical network infrastructure (including outside plant and inside plant) within our data center environments.
• Deliver programs within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget and under circumstances involving multiple moderate-probability, moderate-impact risk factors.
• Program-level strategic planning, interaction with executive level management, complex issue resolution, excellent communications and team building skills.
• Manage a group or groups of internal exempt and matrixed employees and contractors that serve on the project(s) to deliver network infrastructure projects that meet specified requirements.
• Oversight of project scope definition and management, requirements gathering and documentation, time estimating, project schedule development and tracking, project budget management, project status reporting, issue and risk management, contingency planning, customer interaction, and communications across multiple organizational levels.
• Project estimating, project scheduling & tracking, customer interaction and management, implementation planning in large organizations
• Proven people management and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to network infrastructure projects and business functions
• Experience delivering network infrastructure projects in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
• Experience with data center network infrastructure
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Construction Management, or Business Administration
• PMP or PMI certification
• Data center development/construction/operations/maintenance experience
• Knowledge of cabling and networking technologies and standards