Core Engineering - Automation Engineer I | 10502-1
- Burlingame, CA
Job title: Core Engineering - Automation Engineer I | 10502-1
Job Location: Burlingame, CA
Job Type: W-2
Duration: 6 months with a scope of extension or conversion
The main function of an automation engineer is to implement, maintain the automated lab test infra and tests on Facebook Portal devices. The typical automation engineer is responsible for ensuring the reliability of test infra and implemented automation tests throughout the process of software development.
- Implement and Maintain Automated Tests: Identify opportunities for automated testing and implement solutions using existing automation framework or by working with software engineering teams to implement hooks and instrumentation into the codebase.
- Implement Automated Alpha tests: Utilizing existing tools and add new tools as applicable to implement build-triggered automatic testing and reporting to verify build health.
- Regression Testing: Implement automated tests to check for regressions of bugs that have been fixed.
- Stress/Stability Testing: Implement automated accelerated tests to check for device' performance degradation.
- Release validation: Planning, building and executing QA validation for the release.
- Build Workflow Tools: Create tools to facilitate better development workflows, such as scripts to assist debugging and build distribution
- Failure debugging: root causing the failure, escalate SW failures, fix automation script or setup promptly.
- One or two years of experience with Python.
- One or two years of experience with test automation, Experience with tools or infrastructure used in automation (UI Automator, Selenium, Appium).
- Experience in Android or iOS automation is a plus
- Work independently: This individual must be able to work independently
- Communication: Must be able to quickly and easily articulate issues and what needs to be done to resolve them.
- Works well with a team: This individual is expected to be a resource to the team. They must be able to work well with others, able to juggle multiple priorities given by multiple individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Friday, June 11, 2021