Request ID: 1669-1
Job Title: Creative-Copywriter
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 12 months with scope for extension or conversion.
Location: San Francisco
Client: Leading Apparel Retailer
*Must be authorized to work in the US*
Write advertising copy to promote sale of goods and services by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy to understand manner by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
1. Communicate with internal and external customers for the best possible product presentation.
2. Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in catalog and Internet.
3. Observe the product in use, examine it, and use it when possible, to gain understanding.
4. Attend all meetings related to catalog and Internet production, taking good notes on product and process. Write for all products on assigned pages for each catalog and for the Internet.
5. Adjust all products and other copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing and management.
6. Working knowledge of computers and aptitude to learn new programs.
7. Track the progress of assigned pages throughout the catalog process and track progress of products on the Internet.
8. Organize workload for efficient time-management.
9. Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
10. Write other types of documents such as news releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals, etc.
11. Read and maintain a library of current reference materials.
12. Review copy using checklist and format copy according to department style guide.
13. Check questionable details.
14. Maintain accurate information in product files.
15. Proofread and edit as necessary.
16. Assist team leader and other copywriters as needed.
17. Perform various clerical duties as needed.
18. Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin and material construction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum of BA in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study
1. Writing experience in advertising or related field preferred (not required)
2. Experience working on the internet preferred (not required)
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
2. Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences
3. Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format
4. Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
5. Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
6. Must be well organized
7. Must be detail oriented
8. Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
9. Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy
10. Ability to prioritize tasks
11. Ability to multitask
12. Must be efficient
13. Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
14. Ability to meet deadlines (possibly working late hours and/or weekends as needed)
15. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
1. Minimum of basic knowledge of Macintosh and/or PC computers
2. Ability to use desktop publishing programs (preferably QuarkXPress)
3. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel (prefer FileMaker Pro as well)
4. Minimum of basic Internet/e-commerce knowledge