Job Title: Database Administrator (My SQL)
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Duration: 12 months (Contract)
Experienced MySQL database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
• Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
• Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
• Prepare documentations and specifications
• Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Profile server resource usage and optimize as necessary
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• In-depth knowledge in different replication technologies
• Must be able to present prior projects maintaining/implementing enterprise environments
Strong scripting skills using Python or Powershell working with automation packages including chef/chocolatey.
Strong proficiency in MySQL database management, min 4 years
Experience with replication configuration in MySQL, minimum 3 years
Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines
Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, other RDBMS