Job Title: Design Engineer III 13275-1
Duration: +12 months with a scope of extension or conversion
Job Type: W2
The main function of a design engineer is to research and develop ideas for new products and systems. The typical design engineer will perform varius tasks including creating test prototypes and overseeing manufacturing processes.
• Research and draft blueprints, engineering plans, and graphics.
• Develop and test prototypes for new products and systems.
• Identify solutions to improve production efficiency.
• Use design software to develop models and drawings of new products.
• Assess prototypes to determine issues or risks.
• Supervise the process of manufacturing designs.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
• Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
• Bachelors degree in engineering.