Job Title: Art Director - Photo Studio (393-1) Type: OTCA Duration: 12 months with scope for extension/conversion Client: Worldwide Apparel Retailer Location: San Francisco, CA (remote) Request ID: 393-1 **Must have US Work Authorization
Job Title: Art Director - Photo Studio (393-1)
Duration: 12 months with scope for extension/conversion
Client: Worldwide Apparel Retailer
Location: San Francisco, CA (remote)
Request ID: 393-1
**Must have US Work Authorization
Experience in print advertising, publication design, cataloging, brochure development, package design, and online media.
Generating creative ideas and concepts to fulfill the marketing needs of various in-house clients, overseeing the work of design team, conducting creative research on projects, briefing other members of the creative team, ensuring deadlines are met and working effectively under pressure, attending meetings at production houses and with other directors, oversee the finished product.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The brand creative art director plays a key role on our energetic and fast-paced marketing team at Athleta. This is a hands-on design role that is responsible for developing and driving the overall aesthetic and visual design direction for OMNI seasonal campaigns and brand creative.
This is a hands-on role that will influence and lead a talented team of designers, and collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver on a best-in-class customer experience and a flawless consumer journey.
The brand creative art director is a strategic thinker that demonstrates solid experience in OMNI channel design with a focus on digital and retail, has an elevated design aesthetic, and has worked as a design leader either at an agency or internal brand creative team.
This individual is a is an outstanding designer, who focuses on high quality design experiences, has acute attention to detail, quickly grasps concepts and can see the “big picture.”
REQUIRED BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE
• BA in Graphic or Web Design
• 5-7 years art direction or design experience
• 2-3 years in design leadership
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• A master of typography and hierarchy
• Solid knowledge of digital media
• Depth of knowledge in designing content to support storytelling on key social platforms
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and thorough knowledge of the latest Adobe CC programs
• Highly proficient in Mac OSX (connecting to servers, organizing files, and sharing documents)
• Knowledge of optimization standards for GIFs and motions Graphics
• After Effects skills are a plus
• Working knowledge of XD and Keynote
• Knows how to optimize images and animations for various digital platforms
• Understands responsive design, how to design for various devices, viewports and retina.
• Has a sharp eye for design and elevated aesthetic
• Strong attention to detail and is organized
• Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks for yourself and your team
• Ensures quality control with a quick turnaround
• You’re a self-sufficient problem solver with a problem-solving mentality
• Experience working with project managers/producers on behalf of a team
• Proven background working cross-functionally across many teams and departments
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and fluid business priorities
• Possesses grace-under-pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication style
• Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player
• Establishes rapport and collaborates easily with web developers
• Stays current on competitive landscape, including e-commerce, email marketing and social campaigns
• A strong understanding of marketing and storytelling principles